Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) wishes to remind all Transit Shed Operators that their licenses will expire on 31st December, 2023.
The licensing conditions are spelt out under Section 12 of the East African Community Customs Management Act, 2004 as read together with Gazette Notice No. 5215 of 2017.
Operators are therefore required to submit their applications for renewals of their licences for year 2024.
The following conditions are mandatory when submitting the application for renewal:
- Copy of valid Licence for the years 2021 - 2023.
- Copy of valid relevant Security Bonds.
- Copy of company registration Certificate.
- Copy of Gazette Notice to operate as a Transit Shed.
- Current CR12 of the Company.
- Copy of current Tax Compliance Certificate for the Company.
- Copy of current Tax Compliance Certificate for each of the Company’s directors.
- Audited Annual Account for the Company for the previous financial year.
- C18 duly completed, signed and stamped by the Operator and Customs Officer
- Application form C18 can be downloaded from KRA website, www.kra.go.ke
- The successful applicant will be required to pay the license fee in Kenya shillings equivalent to US$ 10,000 per license.
- Application for Renewals will be submitted through Customs ICMS system on or before 31st October, 2023.
Production of the above documents does not automatically guarantee renewal of a license, as the applicant will still undergo further vetting by KRA.
For clarification please call our Contact Centre on Tel: 020 4 999 999; 0711 099 099; 0709013067 or Email: CBClicensing@kra.go.ke
Commissioner for Customs & Border Control