What is an Investment Certificate?
For you to undertake in an investment, it is important to get a certificate that qualifies you as an investor in Kenya.
The Kenya Investment Authority (KenInvest) body can assist you attain an investment certificate.
How do I qualify for an investment certificate?
Foreign investor ? make a proposal investment of at least USD 100,000 or the equivalent in another currency
Local investor - make a proposal investment of at least KSh.1,000,000 or the equivalent in another currency
What conditions does KenInvest require Investors to meet?
KenInvest determines the extent to which the investment will contribute to the following conditions:
- Creation of employment for Kenyans
- Acquisition of new skills or technology for Kenyans
- Contribution to tax revenues or other Government revenues
- A transfer of technology to Kenya
- An increase in foreign exchange, either through exports or import substitution
- Utilization of domestic raw materials, supplies and services
- Adoption of value addition in the processing of local, natural and agricultural resources
- Utilization, promotion, development and implementation of information and communication technology
Having satisfied the following requirements and granted a go ahead, you can proceed to apply for a work permit (if you are a foreign investor) and a KRA PIN.