About Tax Agents
How do I Become a Customs Agent?
To become an eligible customs agent, you will need to apply for a licence.
Prerequisite Documents for a New Customs Agent License
- Form C20 fully filled
Certificate of registration from Registrar of Company (CR12)
- Tax Compliance Certificate for the Company
- Tax Compliance Certificate for all the Directors
- Pin Certificate for Company
- Pin Certificate for all the Directors
- A copy of National ID/Passport for all the Directors
- Recent passport size photographs of directors duly certified by Notary public or a Commissioner of Oaths
- Certificate of good conduct for all the Directors
- Letter from bankers showing the Company maintains an account with them
- Letter from bankers showing the Directors maintains an account with them
- Proof of affiliation/membership with KIFWA – Certificate for the year of application
- Duly filled Bio Data form available in KRA website www.kra.go.ke.
- Payment of 50USD application fee.
- Valid Tenancy agreement/Lease or Title deed if you own the premises
- Memorandum of Association, Articles of Association clearly indicating the Clearing and Forwarding Agent firm is a registered business (where applicable)
- Audited accounts for the last 3 years (where applicable)
- Have an established office, the physical location of which shall be indicated in the license application form for Customs verification purposes
- Certificate of clearance from Bonds Management Unit (BMU) and debt Management Unit (DMU) where applicable
Additional requirements upon Approval by the Commissioner Customs and Border Control for Issuance of the License.
- Receipt of payment of the annual fee of 400 USD.
- Execute CB 11 bond of 5,000 USD
- Pay Integrated Customs Management System (ICMS) access fee of KShs. 15,000.
- For access to the Integrated Customs Management System (ICMS), you shall require training. If not trained, Kindly Contact Kenya School of Revenue Administration via email. (Kesratraining@kra.go.ke)
The Licensees shall comply with the Provisions and Regulations of the Act there under. The license may be revoked, suspended or cancelled at any time in the manner provided for by the Regulations.