Learn about KRA PIN
A PIN is a Personal Identification Number used while doing business with Kenya Revenue Authority, other Government agencies and service providers.
Personal includes both individuals and artificial persons (i.e. company, club, Trust, etc.)
A sole proprietorship will use the proprietor?s individual PIN for all transactions.
Who should have a PIN?
You are required to have a PIN if you;
- Are employed
- Are in business
- Have rental income
- Wish to apply for a HELB Loan
- Want to perform any of the transactions listed below
When can I use the KRA PIN?
The most popular transactions that require PIN include:
- Registration of title, stamping of instruments by the Commissioner of Lands, and payment of Land Rent.
- Approval of plans, payment of water deposits, application for a business permit, payment of Land Rent by Local Authorities.
- Registration of Motor Vehicles, and licensing under the Traffic Act (Cap 403) by the Registrar of motor Vehicles.
- Registration of Business Names and Companies by the Registrars of Business names and companies.
- Trade licensing by the Ministry of Commerce.
- Application for Value Added Tax registration.
- Underwriting policies by Insurance Companies.
- To facilitate importation of goods, Customs clearing and forwarding at the offices of Commissioner of Customs and Excise.
- Payment of Deposits for power connections at Kenya Power and Lightning Co. Ltd.
- To facilitate all contracts for supply of goods and services to all Government Ministries and Public bodies.
Are you a Student?
Activate Suspended PIN
Was your PIN suspended?
Watch our tutorial on how to activate it and visit iTax to activate.