Learn about Importation
How to Import
Duties and taxes are levied on any imported and exported goods before releasing them from Customs; except goods qualifying for special privilege according to the laws and regulations, whereby their duties and taxes are exempted.
To import any goods such as cars or machinery requires the engagement of a customs clearing agent.
When engaging with your preferred clearing agent ensure you always have:
- Import Declaration Forms (IDF)
- Customs declaration (Entry)
- A Certificate of Conformity (CoC) from the PVoC agent for regulated products
- an import standards mark (ISM) when applicable
- valid Commercial invoices from the exporting firm
- valid pro forma invoices from the exporting firm
The customs clearing agent is then allowed to declare the goods you are importing on the customs portal known as SIMBA.