Learn About Compliance
What is Tax Compliance Certificate?
A TCC, otherwise known as a Tax Clearance Certificate is an official document issued by KRA, as proof of having filed and paid all your taxes.
KRA issues Tax Compliance Certificates because it is a requirement when, among others:
- Applying for a job. For jobs however, a TCC is required upon being offered the job.
- Applying for a government tender
- Applying for renewal of Work Permit
- Applying for clearing and forwarding agents license
- Seeking license to operate a Liquor Store
- One wants to confirm their compliance status
Tax Compliance Validity
Tax Compliance Certificates are valid for twelve months only.
Application for a TCC is done through iTax platform and the certificate is sent to applicants' email address.
You can now check if your Tax Compliance Certificate is valid using the new KRA M-Service App.
Applying for a Compliance Certificate
Taxpayers seeking Tax Compliance Certificate must be compliant in:
- Filing of tax returns on or before the due date for all applicable tax obligations.
- Payment of tax on or before the due date.
- Clearance of all outstanding tax debt.
How to Apply for a Tax Compliance Certificate
Would you like to get a Tax Compliance Certificate?
Watch our tutorial on how to apply for it and visit iTax to make the application.