Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) wishes to remind all Operators of the above-mentioned facilities that their licenses will expire on 31st December, 2023.
The licensing Conditions are spelt out under Section 62-69; 160-166 of the East African Community Customs Management Act, 2004 as read together with Regulation 74-81; 153-168 of the East African Community Customs Management Regulations, 2010.
Operators are therefore required to submit their applications for renewals of their licences for year 2024.
The following Conditions are mandatory when submitting the application for renewal of license:
- Copy of current CR12 of the company.
- Copy of valid Security Bond (CB6).
- Copy of valid Tax Compliance Certificate for the Company.
- Copy of valid Tax Compliance Certificate for each of the Company’s directors.
- Audited Annual Accounts for the Company for the previous financial year.
- Copy of valid license for the year 2023.
- Form C18 duly filled, signed and stamped by both Operator and Customs Officer.
- The application form C18 can be downloaded from KRA website, www.kra.go.ke
- Application for renewals should be submitted strictly through Customs ICMS system on or before 31st October, 2023.
- Submission of the above documents does not automatically guarantee renewal of a license, as the applicant will still undergo further vetting by KRA.
For clarification please call our Contact Centre on Tel: 020 4 999 999; 0711 099 099; 0709013067 or Email: CBClicensing@kra.go.ke
Commissioner for Customs & Border Control