How to Import
Duties and taxes are levied on any imported and exported goods before releasing them from Customs; except goods qualifying for special privilege according to the laws and regulations, whereby their duties and taxes are exempted.
To import any good such a car or machinery requires the engagement of a customs clearing agent.
When engaging with your preferred clearing agent ensure you always have:
- Import Declaration Forms (IDF)
- Customs declaration (Entry)
- A Certificate of Conformity (CoC) from the PVoC agent for regulated products
- an import standards mark (ISM) when applicable
- valid Commercial invoices from the exporting firm
- valid pro forma invoices from the exporting firm
The customs clearing agent is then allowed to declare the goods you are importing on the customs portal known as SIMBA.